I've been using the mobile version of Arena for a few months, and while I was glad to have access to the church database at all times, it wasn't very user-friendly. I'm thrilled to have this new version of Mobile Membership! It is much more user-friendly, and is far more useful too.
Member Photo OverviewAnyone who has spent time working with member data knows the value of having pictures associated with records. It has the effect of turning ‘ministry tasks’ into ‘ministry moments’. It’s also a good way of creating connections in growing churches. Until now the process of getting these images has been complex, time consuming and a bit awkward (ever had to ask someone if you could take their picture?) With the Member Photos module getting photos is as simple as sending an invite for them to upload their own picture. It’s a quick process for them to upload their photos and no Arena account is needed. Each step of the process is discussed in detail below.
Step 1: Sending InvitesThe first step is to send out invites to have your members upload photos. The are two basic ways to send out these invites. The first method is using the new “Photo Request” page. ￼ You can also send out invites from the current communications functionality. This is a great way to send invites to targeted groups of people.
Step 2: Members Upload Their PhotosThe second step involves the members uploading their photos. Once the receive their emails members can click the “Upload Your Photos” button (shown in sample email below) and they will be taken to the default upload page. This page is generic in nature and if you have an external website already in Arena you may wish to move it and change it’s template. Each of these photos and much more are covered in detail in the Member Photos documentation.
Features at a GlanceOur goal in writing this module was to allow members to easily upload their photos into the Arena database. Everything is set out of the box, you don't need an Arena hosted external website.
- Invite Tools - Powerful, yet simple tools to send invites to your attendees to upload photos.
- Family Upload - An individual can upload images for everyone in the family.
- Opt-Out Capability - For those not comfortable sharing their photo there's a way for them to opt out of future requests.
- Photo Verification - Let's face it not everyone has a consistent filter on what may be appropriate for a personal photo
- Photo Sizing - Large photos will be downsized to 1024x768.
RequirementsThe following requirements must be met in order to use the Mobile Membership application.
- Arena ChMS version 2009.2 or greater (has been tested on 2010.1)
- An Arena server that is accessible from the internet.
Contact us for questions or to get started.